Sunday, August 14, 2005

About Love and Submission

They correlate.

Here is a reason why sometimes I dont take words of correction and discipline readily. I dont trust that the person who gives them really loves me. And it doesnt matter if the person really does. If I fail to see the love behind the action, I will still not submit. I will just obey with grudges. I have to admit, I am pretty good at that. People think I am submissive, but that could be false submission.

God convinced me of His love because He has demonstrated His love in the most radical way. I see why the cross was necessary. At this point, I am fully confident of His character of love, and I gladly submit to His discipline, His tough love whenever necessary.

So, it is really not easy to be an authoritive figure.

I dont want anyone to obey out of necessity and fail to see the intention of my heart. I dont want to accuse anyone of pride before I know I have done my best to let my love be irrefutably obvious. That's the greatest challenge being a leader,a teacher, an older sister, maybe next time, a mother.

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Thanks for telling me the revelation!!!! It is true ^_^ because He is the reason that we live. Lova ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Angeline! I didn't know that you liked the x-files. That used to be my favorite show as well. I think that we are sisters, but nobody ever told us.
California wishes that you were here.

Anonymous said...

What's up with the headache? And you logged off before I could say bye... anyways will blog when I feel like I've got something to tell... currently they're either too long or not worth the space. Hope you feel better.