Monday, January 31, 2005

Happy Birthday Molly

i actually lost count on your age already. hope you dont mind...

this is how time feels in hong kong. i have been here for only a little more than a year but it feels like 3 years has gone by. my dts was just three programs ago, but it felt so obsolete. i got over missing my DTS during the last christmas outreach. only then i realised how much i love and miss my FEET days. i still do but actually half of my outreach team is still in hong kong.

I have got to tell you about tryfina. her parents run an orphanage up on the himalayan foothills where my FEET team got to stay and work with last september. she is now in hong kong doing her dts. she has the amazing talent of shaping eyebrows like i have never seen before. she did it with a strand of thread. i cant even describe with words. i will not even try. but just to let you know she is pretty neat. my brows never look so great. she is hired for life.

ken bluemel, our speaker for p.s.l.d.r. didnt arrive today. it was a miscommunication. but he will be here tomorrow. and nick, he is one of your distant relatives. his daughter and son in law are ywam chico directors.

so today was unexpectedly relaxing. we had intercession and bible study during the scheduled lecture time and had the rest of the day off.

for some funny reasons, godwin came to my mind this evening and about an hour later, he called. for those who never heard of him before, godwin used to be a staff here and now he is doing school of biblical studies in ywam singapore.

and another pleasant surprise was from william, who did dts with me and was just here in hong kong for a short mission (to visit me, most importantly). he arrived safely in california and is now on msn chatting with me. i really miss him and hope to see him again soon.

my day starts early tomorrow. first i need to wash my very expired hair and then i have to be in jericho (the room we meet for worship and lecture) 45 mins before worship. that is a bit stretchy. but then, i get to do this with my favorite people. so, really...i dont mind :-)

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

Yeah, Ken's name is familiar. Am not sure if I met him but I'm sure he knows Olivia and vice versa. Godwin is in YWAM Spore huh? I know people there too... Esther is one of the staff n she did her DTS with me in Perth. Yes the YWAM world is very small ;)