Sunday, January 30, 2005

Getting Started

home is the place to start, i guess...
5 of us, rachel, anna jane, anna kristine, nicky, and myself are the residents of this renown girl staff apartment affectionately known as the LIGHTHOUSE. we are in full occupancy since rachel and i joined staff early last december. nicky just got in a couple days ago. she was my dts and FEET roomie and now we are still rooming together making us the longest running roomates in the entire ywam hong kong history not counting those who are married.

i m so in love with dts. week 3 is commencing with the focus on personal strongholds and laying down rights. i m looking backwards to my own p.s.l.d.r. week on my own dts last year. in a way, i m nervous remembering how emotionally exhausting it was for me as he revealed who i m and the reasons i did everything i did. it was the most significant week for me as though the whole reason i did dts was for that.

leadership is completely new for me but i embraced uncomfortability. and for one particular reason i prefer to stay in uncomfortability is that it provides a certain level of vulnerability that drives me to humility and dependency on his spirit.

even though i love hearing myself on the piano, it has become the less favorite ministry because i auto-piloted so much for the past 15 years.

changes are not only possible. they are delightful.

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

Yo yo, good to hear that you're doing not just well, but really enjoying being on staff. :) God is good! Anyways nice to hear from you and glad to see that there's a place to go to get current stuff on you. And since I'm the first one to comment do I get a present? Hehe